The start of the league season is here and we now have seven teams playing across the club each Saturday, this includes a new development side, formed with a mix of adults and younger players. We have partnered with Aylesbury to give our younger boys more opportunities to play. This it is hoped will fill the gap between the junior section and the senior teams, where we have not quite had the number of players to offer regular games in the past. As you can imagine this is a big step up and we’ll keep you posted on how they get on.
Thank you to all who came out in the sunshine to play during the club day, it was great to catch up with so many of you. A special thank you must be said for Nigel who slaved away on the BBQ and assisted by Sarah helped to raise some extra funds for the club.
If anyone is in need of playing kit the following link is where you can find the clothing, and Richard can advise on any additional items if you have specific requirements
The 100th Anniversary Ball was a fantastic evening, but only as a result of the efforts made by Clare Monroe and the team, thank you. With this being such a momentous year for the club we will share some future events once the details are confirmed.
The club does need your help and only survives with your input, at the start of the season we have a large amount of money to pay for affiliation fees, pitch bookings and it helps us when we can collect our subscriptions, we really appreciate your prompt payment to help with this.
I mentioned previously we would offer assistance for anyone completing their DofE, or wanting to improve their first aid skills. In addition if anyone was interested in gaining an umpire qualification then please get in touch and we can discuss this
As advanced notice we are running a tombola at the annual Festival of Fire on 2nd November, volunteers and prizes always help. In addition we hope to have a stall at the Tring Christmas Festival – where we’ll have some kit for sale and will run a prize stall with hockey skills games
For all those playing best of luck and see you at the club soon
From Nigel (Club Secretary)
A few bullet points from me:
- Please ensure you start training and match sessions wearing your shin pads and gum shields. U18's without will not be allowed to play.
- It is strongly advised that you wear a hockey glove on your left hand if not both... especially on the re-surfaced Tring pitch!!
- U18 players participating in defensive short corners must wear a face mask. Senior players are advised to do so.
- We are looking to arrange a way of selling on the spare kit that we have accumulated (shell jackets, playing shirts etc.) in order to raise some modest funds for the club. If you have any old shirts that you/ youngsters have grown out of at home and you would be willing to donate them to the club that would be great.
- We are after number of larger shirts for the Development team. Anyone sat on any spares out there?
- We are also looking for a couple of clamshell type hard, rolling suitcases for coaching gear. If anyone has one at home they are not using we would happing take it off your hands.
- Coaches and captains look out for a date for the welfare and first aid update. 13 oct is not available, we are looking for another time.
Best Wishes, Yours in Hockey,
Many thanks and best wishes